Call Us 904 999 9902
Call Us 904 999 9902
Call Us 904 999 9902
Age in place. Know your home is safe and secure with our help.
Caring for the home you love can become a burden instead of a joy. The Homestead Advantage helps you stay home for as long as you choose!
We are trusted professionals with over 30 years combined experience.
Just as your personal physician cares for your medical health on a regular basis, we at THA care for your home’s health by providing monthly home evaluations and basic maintenance.
Subscription options start at $94 monthly!
The Homestead Advantage has a membership service that gives you the peace of mind and the help you need to maintain your home so you can stay at home for as long as you choose!
If you have major projects we will help you find reputable tradesman and make sure the projects are done right, completed on time, and kept within your budget.
We will be on your team to recommend projects, review the scope of a planned project and help guard against attempts at convincing you to do more than is necessary or wanted. We will then screen tradesmen, obtain proposals, and supervise the work.
As your partner in maintenance we provide preventative home care.
To avoid unpleasant surprises and the need for emergency repairs, we perform your regular home maintenance chores. Our goal is to be trusted allies who relieve you of the stress and worry involved in maintaining your home.
- Test Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors and change batteries if required
- Change AC filters
- Test and tighten handles, knobs and racks
- Check toilets and faucets for drips and leaks
- Add salt to softener as needed
- Perform roof and gutter ground inspection
- Check that indoor and outdoor air vents are not blocked
- Clean garbage disposal
- Clean out garbage bins
- Test all ground-fault circuit interrupters
- Inspect electrical cords for wear
- Vacuum heat registers and heat vents
- Inspect, clean and replace spent bulbs from Indoor and Outdoor lighting
- Inspect sprinkler system for broken heads
- Clean out AC drain
- Clean range hood filter
- Vacuum refrigerator coils
- Ceiling fan repair and clean
- Clean trash and garbage cans
- Arrange for carpet cleaning
- Arrange for lint removal from dryer
- Arrange for dryer vent lint removal
- Check driveway and walkways and arrange for repair if needed
- Check exterior drainage
- Arrange for trimming of landscaping alongside of home
- Arrange for pump and septic tank inspection if needed
- Inspect screens for damage and needed repairs
- Clean debris from window wells
- Renail loose shingles and trim boards
- Lubricate garage door tracks and spring
- Repair grout in bathrooms and kitchen
- Flush water heater
- Clean garage
- Clean faucet aerators
- Clean and repair deck/patio
- Check and repair door and window weather stripping
- Check hoses on washing machine, dishwasher, ice maker
- Check electric receptacles and switches
- Check fire extinguisher
- Check garage door auto-reverse
- Test temperature pressure relief valve on water heater
- Arrange chimney inspection
- Arrange for pressure washing siding and window cleaning
- Check for build up around foundation
- Look for visible signs of ants, termites and other destructive insects
- Test sump pump
- Arrange for gas inspection if needed to turn on gas fireplace
- Vacuum curtains
- Check caulking around showers and bathtubs; repair if needed
- Check for interior wall damage; repair and touch up minor blemishes
- Perform visual inspection of roof for missing, loose or damaged shingles
- Perform visual inspection of ceilings and walls for evidence of roof leaks
I am very fortunate that Rebecca Cooper and her team were able to solve a problem in my home! An area of paint was peeling on my soffit….
We needed a reputable painter to work in our new home. Rebecca recommended someone who did an awesome job! His crew was great….
We needed to figure out a way to get to our second floor bedroom without putting in an elevator. Rebecca came out for a consultation,…
I needed to remodel my home in preparation for its sale. I had gotten several very costly proposals. Rebecca from Homestead Advantage…
Rebecca has recommended me to several of her elderly clients. They all commented that they have always put their trust in her recommendations…
Rebecca Cooper, MD, JD, RGC, founded The Homestead Advantage to team up with seniors so they can stay safely, comfortably and autonomously in their homes for as long as they choose.
As a physician, attorney and licensed general contractor, Dr. Cooper recognizes the difficulties seniors face in maintaining their homes, particularly in making sure repairs and upgrades are done by reputable and skillful craftsmen.