Call Us 904 999 9902
Call Us 904 999 9902
Call Us 904 999 9902
Age in place. Know your home is safe and secure with our help.
Caring for the home you love can become a burden instead of a joy. The Homestead Advantage helps you stay home for as long as you choose!
We are trusted professionals with over 30 years combined experience.
Just as your personal physician cares for your medical health on a regular basis, we at THA care for your home’s health by providing monthly home evaluations and basic maintenance.
Subscription options start at $94 monthly!
The Homestead Advantage has a membership service that gives you the peace of mind and the help you need to maintain your home so you can stay at home for as long as you choose!
If you have major projects we will help you find reputable tradesman and make sure the projects are done right, completed on time, and kept within your budget.
We will be on your team to recommend projects, review the scope of a planned project and help guard against attempts at convincing you to do more than is necessary or wanted. We will then screen tradesmen, obtain proposals, and supervise the work.
As your partner in maintenance we provide preventative home care.
To avoid unpleasant surprises and the need for emergency repairs, we perform your regular home maintenance chores. Our goal is to be trusted allies who relieve you of the stress and worry involved in maintaining your home.
- Change AC filters
- Check for screen damage and arrange for repair if needed
- Check and tighten knobs, handles, racks and safety bars
- Inspect sprinkler system for broken heads
- Clean and repair deck/patio
- Arrange for pressure washing siding and window cleaning
- Check and clean range hood fan and filter
- Lubricate garage door tracks and spring
- Check fire extinguisher
- Arrange for carpet cleaning
- Arrange for lint removal from dryer
- Sweep out garage
- Check driveway and walkways and arrange for repair if needed
- Look for visible signs of ants, termites and other destructive insects
- Check and repair door and window weather stripping
- Arrange for gas inspection if needed to turn on gas fireplace
- Check for interior wall damage; repair and touch up minor blemishes
- Perform visual inspection of roof for missing, loose or damaged shingles
- Perform visual inspection of ceilings and walls for evidence of roof leaks
- Re-nail loose shingles and trim boards
- Arrange chimney inspection
- Check hoses on washing machine, dishwasher, ice maker
- Vacuum heat registers and heat vents
- Vacuum refrigerator coils
- Clean debris from window wells
- Check that indoor and outdoor air vents are not blocked
- Clean trash and garbage cans
- Check toilets and faucets for drips and leaks
- Perform roof and gutter ground inspection
- Clean garbage disposal
- Check water softener and add salt if needed
- Check gutters and downspouts for clogging or damage
- Flush AC drain
- Flush water heater
- Repair grout in bathrooms and kitchen
- Clean faucet aerators
- Check for build up around foundation
- Check caulking around showers and bathtubs; repair if needed
- Check exterior drainage
- Test Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors and change batteries if required
- Test all ground-fault circuit interrupters
- Inspect electrical cords for wear
- Check electric receptacles and switches
- Check garage door auto-reverse
- Inspect, clean and replace spent bulbs from Indoor and Outdoor lighting
- Test temperature pressure relief valve on water heater
- Repair and clean ceiling fan
I am very fortunate that Rebecca Cooper and her team were able to solve a problem in my home! An area of paint was peeling on my soffit….
We needed a reputable painter to work in our new home. Rebecca recommended someone who did an awesome job! His crew was great….
We needed to figure out a way to get to our second floor bedroom without putting in an elevator. Rebecca came out for a consultation,…
I needed to remodel my home in preparation for its sale. I had gotten several very costly proposals. Rebecca from Homestead Advantage…
Rebecca has recommended me to several of her elderly clients. They all commented that they have always put their trust in her recommendations…
Rebecca Cooper, MD, JD, RGC, founded The Homestead Advantage to team up with seniors so they can enjoy the life they have established while staying safely, comfortably and autonomously in their homes for as long as they choose.
As a physician, attorney and licensed general contractor, as well as a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist, Dr. Cooper recognizes that seniors want to continue living an active life but may not have the time or inclination to maintain their homes. Maintaining their homes, particularly making sure repairs and upgrades are done by reputable and skillful craftsmen becomes increasingly challenging and time consuming for them. Many seniors would rather be participating in hobbies and other activities than fixing their home!