Check all electric receptacles, switches and ground-fault circuit interrupters

Electric receptacles (outlets) need to be evaluated on a regular basis. Over time, wires can loosen which could potentially cause arcing, heat buildup and possibly a fire. Have someone check your outlets regularly and if you see any sparks, get the unit evaluated immediately. REMEMBER: always turn off a light or electric appliance before you unplug it!
Ground-fault circuit-interrupters, or GFCI outlets are safety devices that help protect you from electric shock. It may not be obvious if they are installed incorrectly or fail. Therefore, it’s best to test them regularly to prevent a dangerous shock.